Hours, Directions & Parking
Hours of Operation
The Arboretum grounds are open from dawn until dusk 7 days a week.
The Jewett Interpretive Center is open Monday – Saturday from 9am to 5pm and by appointment.
The public restroom near the Rose Garden is open during daylight hours.
Cost of Admission
There is no charge to visit the Yakima Area Arboretum. However, donation are gladly accepted.
Dogs are welcome at the Arboretum as long as they are accompanied by responsible humans. Please KEEP YOUR DOG ON A LEASH and UNDER YOUR CONTROL AT ALL TIMES. If you want to walk your dog off leash, there is a convenient off-leash dog park nearby on the Greenway Pathway in Sherman Park. Don’t forget to pick up after your pet as well. A dog station is located near the Greenway entrance to the Arboretum. It should also go without saying, please no chasing the wildlife or swimming in the ponds. That goes for your dog too. 🙂
- Take exit 34 off of Interstate 82.
- Turn east onto Nob Hill Boulevard.
- At the first stoplight (S. 24th Street) turn left.
- Turn immediately left onto Arboretum Drive.
- Follow the road as it curves around. The Arboretum’s Jewett Interpretive Center will be the first building on your right.
Parking is free. Paved parking is located in front of the Jewett Interpretive Center and gravel parking down by the Jones Center. Handicap parking is also available. Please don’t leave your valuables in the car.